Cheesy Mushroom Bites
- 4 baby portabella mushrooms (stems removed, and gills cleaned out by adults)
- 2 TBSP ricotta cheese
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice (juice from 1/8 lemon)
- 1 tsp fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp breadcrumbs
- 1 leaf fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons shredded mozzarella or muenster cheese
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes or 4 half cherry tomatoes for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Step 1 – Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- Step 2 – In a small bowl add ricotta, lemon, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Step 3 – Rip up mint leaf and add to ricotta mixture, mix well.
- Step 4 – Stuff each mushroom with one spoonful of ricotta mixture.
- Step 5 – Sprinkle each mushroom with one teaspoon of shredded cheese.
- Step 5 – Top each mushroom with sun-dried on half cherry tomato.
- Step 6 – Bake in a preheated oven for 12 minutes, enjoy!!