SUMMER CAMP 2020: 1st – 6th Grade Camps
Full Day Camp For Kids Entering Grades 1-6 | Ages 6-11
Geckos: 6-7 years Entering 1st – 2nd Grade
Turtles: 6-7 years Entering 1st – 2nd Grade
Chinchillas: 8-11 years Entering 3rd – 6th Grade
8AM – 6PM (extended day option)
Mon – Fri: $1,065 | Mon, Wed, Fri: $815 | Tues, Thurs: $595
9AM – 3PM (regular schedule)
Mon – Fri: $935 | Mon, Wed, Fri: $695 | Tues, Thurs: $500
Extended options also available a la carte
Early Drop Off 8AM – 9AM: $20/day | Extended Day 3PM – 6PM : $45/day
Additional Registration Discounts:
Register for 6+ weeks of summer camp: 5% discount
Register a sibling: 10% discount
Participants in our full-day summer camp are registered by age-appropriate groups based on the grade they are entering in Fall 2020. Campers will participate in summer activities for kids, including music, art, cooking, animal care, science, and gardening. They will also play sports and games with a sports specialist,, walk to the playground, and participate in swimming at the 92nd Street Y. Swimming lessons are instructed by Red Cross-trained lifeguards and each child will be tested on their swim level and placed into appropriate groups. Campers will garden on our terrace, which is incorporated into cooking classes and animal feedings! Two times a week our groups will walk to The Art Farm petting zoo to explore, touch and interact with our many animals. Campers in these groups will participate in electives twice a week where they can choose fun crafts and activities such as jewelry-making, scrapbooking, woodworking, drama, sports, and engineering. Weekly activities and special events will be centered around weekly themes such as Superhero Week and Exotic Animal Week.
Back by popular demand, we are thrilled to offer the exciting world of Mad Science to our older campers entering Grades 1-6. The Art Farm will be partnering with Mad Science the world’s leading provider of FUN SCIENCE for children. Their interactive programs include a blend of education, hands on experiments, along with entertainment, guaranteeing that children have a great time while they learn. Campers will participate in science themes such as “Crazy Chemworks”, “Phreaky Physics” “Red Hot Robots” and more.
Monday through Thursday children entering grades 1 through 5 will take part in a 3 hour science workshop led by Mad Science instructors. Each groups lead teacher will be with them the full day and be apart of all activities. Mad Science Themes include:
- Junior Explorers – Take a trip through some of the most unique areas of science. See how illusion and reality meet and test out the ideas that make our favorite toys and tricks work. Each day explores a different scientific theme. We’ll explore the science behind magic, music movement and more!
- Red Hot Robots – Join Mad Science and our Radical Robots for a scientific journey through circuitry and sensors. Explore several different types of robots….robots that follow lines and sounds, robotic arms like the ones you see in the big factories on TV (well, smaller than that, but you get the picture). You will even play tag with robots that you control! Complete the camp by building your own robot to take home!
- Secret Agent Lab – Suspects! Schematics! and Sleuths! Connect the dots using science to help solve a crime in this hands-on investigation of the science of sleuthing. Uncover the science involved in evidence gathering and analysis and fingerprinting detection. Enhance your recall and observation skills and learn how to use spy equipment.
- Eureka! Invention Camp – Children will overcome a series of challenges using basic materials, simple machines, tips from famous inventors and the most important of all- their mind. With a little bit of ingenuity, children will create catapults and forts, construct working light sticks to take home, and assemble a set of circuits with batteries and light bulbs. While Thomas Edison said, “invention is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration,” this camp is 100% FUN!
- NASA: Journey into Outer Space! – From our earth’s atmosphere to the outer reaches of our solar system, join us on a quest for exploration! Comets, planets, stars and more are all waiting to be discovered. Learn about the four forces of flight and the challenges of space travel as you construct your own rockets and participate in a launch.
- Crazy Chemworks – Come and spark imaginative learning with a week of Mad chemistry. Watch as we combine elements and make them fizz, crackle and change color! We’ll delve into molecules and chemical reactions that produce light, gas and even slime!
- Phreaky Physics – Is your energy potential or kinetic? Find out with us as we explore centrifugal force & gyroscopes. Join a team of camper engineers and build bridges, domes, cubes, and pyramids. Assemble and control pulleys, levers, catapults, and simple machines. You’ll find this week of activities “electrifying”!
- Bugs, Birds & Beasts – Explore the natural world and it’s adaptations. Make casts of animal tracks & build a bird feeder to mix your own seed blend to attract specific bird species. Study the feeding habits of owls as we dissect their lunch’s remains while we learn all about the world around us!
Campers enrolled in five days a week will participate in all activities The Art Farm camp has to offer. Cooking, Gardening and Music will take place one day a week, while sports will be 3 days a week and swimming 2 days a week. Please refer to the schedule above.
Please pack a nut-free lunch for your child or buy one through our lunch program. All campers will receive a snack at the end of the day before pick up.